Saturday, April 1, 2017

Mini-Capsule Challenge || Creation 3 :: Short Striped Pirate Pencil


I finished the third piece out of 9 for the P4P + M4M spring mini-capsule wardrobe challenge. I knew I wanted some bottom pieces to add to this capsule, because I have a few more shirts planned. I may do a pair of pants, another dress, and the rest will be shirts.

This is the Pirate Pencil Skirt from Patterns for Pirates. I made it out of a striped Poly/Lycra blend that I got for $4 a yard at Walmart. In the store it looked Navy, but at home and in the sunlight it honestly looks black. I'm thinking it's a dark dark blue and white stripe.


It is a thinner fabric, and where the white stripes are it tends to ripple, so I needed it to be tight but not so tight it was pulling. So, I decided to double each panel and line the entire skirt. That provided the extra bulk I needed to make sure it fit well and wasn't see through. I think it looks really cute with a flowy shirt, tied in the back! The olive green Free Spirit Tank I made the other day looks really cute paired with it. I plan to make another free spirit tank, maybe two, to pair with the skirt & a pair of pants I'm making! Honestly, I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but overall I really like it! 


Next up, I think I am going to make a tank or two, ones that can pair with this skirt but also pair with the pants I'll be making. I know I want a raglan to be a part of this mini-capsule as well. It's hard to believe I've already powered through three items! Can't wait to finish the whole thing!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig