Sunday, March 26, 2017

Modified Rayon Challis Mama Quinn from Made for Mermaids

Rudraksha Talisman (listed in the Etsy Shop) with the Mama Quinn

Rayon Challis and summertime go hand in hand. What is Rayon Challis? A lightweight, breathable, woven fabric that is often used in tanks, tops, and even pants this time of year. Since most of us have been in the women's clothing section of Target at some point in our lives, you have likely put your hands on this fabric. Target brands like this fabric, as to many others. It's a closet staple for spring and summer clothing. You probably own something made from Rayon Challis!

I'm attempting to reproduce my favorite easy-to-sew silhouettes for spring and summer. One of them is Mama Quinn slip top/dress from Made for Mermaids. The pattern comes with a v-neck and multiple options for backs. I prefer to make it with a scoop neck, and two fronts. This lets me wear a bra + tank underneath easily, and I don't have to worry about the straps. I also like to make it reversible! Meaning I can fully line it in a different rayon print & flip it inside out!

Here is my latest scoop-neck, two front Mama Quinn! This is a printed rayon challis I found at Joanns Fabrics on sale several months ago. It's slippery, and you will need to play with the tension a bit, but it's not impossible to work with. I'm so pleased with how it came out! 








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig